Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Week 1: Arnold MO 11/12/13

Well! I am here! I'm sorry that I haven't been able to write sooner. I didn't get a p-day last week and my new p-day will be on Mondays, but yesterday when we tried to email we found out that the local library isn't open on Veteran's Day. Sometimes it is actually a bit hilarious that we are so sheltered. Anyways! I am happy to write now! 

 Last Tuesday I flew in St. Louis and I am basically in love. I love it here so much. It is now the running joke between those who've met me that I love everyone and everything thing here. Elder Banks one of our APs told me that St. Louis has one of the largest Bosnian populations in America, and I can potentially serve there in the St. Louis Hills area. If you can only imagine my reaction.... 

I met my new trainer/companion Sister Brooke Scott and she is from Laguna Hills, CA. This is her second time training and she is amazing! The more I am around her the more and more we are really sisters. She's hilarious and great. We got called to the St. Louis South Zone and are apart of the Crystal City 2 Area. Our area combined with another and so all of the wards are being split. We are now apart of the Crystal City ward, that was just recently made from a branch. The ward is amazing and the unity and love here is so strong. I am amazed how loving and kind everyone is (well except when I mention that I am from Utah. :) ) and oft times I feel like I stumbled into a super close knit community, but they are all very welcoming and eager to help us with the work. We have about 10 part member families, 37 Less Actives and we even have 1 baptismal date set for January! We took over a few of the previous elders spots so we inherited all of their old contacts. We have yet to do a lot of teaching but we have appointments lined up and I am just so thrilled to meet and love these people. We've been trying to contact a lot of people but no one is ever home. But we are making headway!

Yesterday we had our zone p-day at the Arch in St. Louis and it was amazing. What a great historic city. I LOVE MISSOURI and I am so grateful to be here. I love you and thank you for everything! 

With love,
Sister Kelsey Herdman 



No comments:

Post a Comment